28 Kasım 2011 Pazartesi

FONTANA Dİ TREVİ

                              
One of the most reowned places of Roma which impress all the people going there with museums,historical churchs and famuos places is Fondana Di Trevi or Trevi foundation also known as "Aşk Çeşmesi" in Turkish.

Trevi Foundation are only called "Aşk Çeşmesi" in Turkey and it isn't known the reason of this.Possibly,it is remembered as "Aşk Çeşmesi" because of the films shot in Roma.General expression of the structure is "sea".In the middle of it, there is Neptun(sea god) in his horse carriages which is pulled by winged horse.There are two horse.The one rearing up symbolizes mess of ocean and the other,which is calm,symbolizes stagnation.

Also,there is a legend about why Trevi Foundation was built.According to legend,Roma army couldn't find water for a long time when they were returning from war.Just at that moment,a splendid girl appeared and she said to them that they would have found water if they had dug the area on which they were.Soldiers dug the area which the girl described and where the foundation is located now.Finally they found the water.This legend is described with images on the foundation.In these pictures,it can be seen that soldiers were digging the area and there were a beautiful girl with them.

According to belief,Trevi foundation is also a wish foundation.It is said that tree coins are supposed to be throw in the foundation,then tree wishes must be desired.The first one is for coming back Roma,the second one is for finding true love and the third one is for finding true love at Roma.Throwing the coins over the left shoulder by taking them with the right hand means that wishes are sealed powerfully.

I explained Trevi Foundation because i would like to see it.I am impessred by its beauty.It was built eloborately and its structure is really marvellous.Besides its beauty,it has a interesting history in my opinion.I hope i will go to Roma and see Trevi Foundation one day.





1 yorum:

  1. Hi Büşra=) Firstly I want to thank you for your sharing.I don't know how you found this place and this topic, I haven't heard anything about it so far.Thank to you I know something about it anymore.I always want to go to Italy.I am curious about there.And you mentioned Roma. This attracted my attention.I really like Trevi Fountain.That place is so amazing.I wish we would go there.There is one thing wonder about it.As you said, I didn't understand why it is called 'Aşk Çeşmesi' in Turkey, I wonder that.I thank you again for informing us.

    YanıtlaSil